Wednesday, March 29, 2006

‘I decided to let her go without a fight’

Source : Times of India, dated March 29, 2006

She was the first girl who I bumped into on my first day at work. I remember the look on her face when she realised I was staring at her. I was new to this city and had moved here because my company had transferred me here. I was lonely and desperately looking for a friend. Before the first week passed, I had already befriended her. She was absolutely easy and comfortable to get along with. We spent a lot of time together, at work and after work too. We hit most of the night spots and frequented many city restaurants. Very soon I realised that I was in love with her. After six months I confessed my feeling to her. I was extremely delighted and surprised to know that she too reciprocated my feelings. My life changed completely after that. Everything that I did was keeping our future life together in mind. While we were going around, I knew that she was very close to a friend of her’s named Ankur. She would always discuss her problems with him. Sometimes I would get a bit irritated because she would even discuss the problems of our relationship with him. I felt that we had not privacy. Though the guy did not interfere in our relationship, I somehow began to hate him. It seemed that whatever she did was under the influence of him. Anyway, I put this
aspect of our relationship at the back of my mind because I was deeply in love with her. We decided to move in together after a year and a half. It was the happiest day of my life when she moved in with me. We always wanted to have a live-in relationship before tying the knot. But very soon everything seemed to be going wrong. We would have constant fights over petty issues like leaving the wet towel on the bed and not not putting the toothpaste cover on after using it. After sometime, our fights got nastier. She would pick up issues to fight with me. I tried not to give her a chance to lose her temper, but all in vain. Finally one day we decided to sit and talk it out. That’s when I was hit by a boulder. She confessed that she could not live with me anymore. when I asked her why she said, “I’m sorry. But I realised that I’m actually in love with Ankur. I did all this so that we could break up and I can live with him.”


I’m not the kind to take revenge or hang on to a woman who loves someone else. That day, I let her go without saying anything. I guess most women are too messed-up in their head. They should analyse their feelings before getting into a relationship.

WK
NEW ALIPORE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home